Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our traditional Christmas Morning Sweet Rolls

Vintage Coffee Breakers Recipe - Click To View Larger

COFFEE BREAKERS
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Fleischmann’s Margarine
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon light corn syrup
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1 package Fleischmann’s Active Dry Yeast
3/4 cup very warm water
2 1/2 cups Bisquick
2 tablespoons melted Fleischmann’s Margarine
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Melt margarine; stir in 1/3 cup brown sugar and syrup, bring to full boil. Spread in large oblong pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
Sprinkle yeast into very warm water. Stir to dissolve. Add Bisquick, beat vigorously; turn dough onto board well dusted with Bisquick. Knead until smooth, about 20 times. Roll into 12-inch square. Brush with 2 tablespoons margarine. Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle center third with half the mixture. Fold one-third over center third. Sprinkle with remaining sugar-cinnamon. Fold remaining third over the 2 layers. Cut with sharp knife, crosswise into strips about 1 inch wide. Grasp ends of strip and twist. Seal ends firmly.
Place in pan about 1 1/2 inches apart. Cover. Let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Bake at 400°F. about 20 minutes. Invert pan immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment