Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Caramel-Middle Truffle Cookies

Caramel-Middle Truffle Cookies  

Makes: 4 doz. using small disher Our size 39 liners are perfect for these treats!   
INGREDIENTS:

• 1-1/2 pkg. (8 squares each) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate

• 1/4 cup butter

• 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk

• 11/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste

• 2 cups flour

• 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or hazelnuts

• 24 Kraft Caramels, cut in half or Werthers soft caramels (I prefer these)

• 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1/4 cup sugar crystals

READY, SET, CREATE
    Heat oven to 350°F.  Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted, stirring after 30 sec.  Stir until chocolate is completely melted.   Blend in milk and vanilla.  Add flour and nuts; mix well.  (Dough will be stiff.)
Using disher scoop out dough and release into hand or make several balls at a time but do not let them dry out. 6 at a time works best. You can alternatively use a tablespoon measure but it is less accurate for ensuring all balls are equal.

Shape each ball of dough around each caramel half, enclosing caramel completely.  Roll in sugars.  Place, 1 inch apart, on parchment lined baking sheets.

Bake 6 to 8 min. or until cookies are until soft and shiny.  Let stand 5 min. on baking sheets.  Remove to wire racks; cool completely.  (Cookies will firm up as they cool.) Let cookie sheets cool before baking a new batch. Having 2 trays on the go is usually more time efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment