Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

BBQue Mini Meatloaf


 INDIVIDUAL Bar-B-Q’d Beefie Loaf
Combine . . . 1 Egg (beaten)
1 cup Milk
Pour over . . . 1 cup soft Bread Crumbs
Add . . . 1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Celery Salt
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 tbsp. finely chopped Onion
1 1/4 lb. ground Beef
1/4 lb. ground Pork
Mix well . . . shape into individual meat loaves 1″ high, 2″ wide and 3″ long. Place in a greased shallow baking pan. Thinly slice 2 medium-sized onions. Place a slice or two, and a few chopped pickles on each individual loaf. Pour about 1/2 the Barbecue Sauce (recipe below) over the meat loaves . . . reserving the rest for basting during baking. Bake about 1 1/4 hours in a moderate oven (350°). Makes 8 individual meat loaves.
BAR-B-Q SAUCE
Combine . . . 1/2 cup Ketchup
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
1/8 tsp. Chili Powder
1 cup Water
1/2 cup chopped pickles (your choice dill, garlic of gherkin)
Serve with Biscuits below:

RICH BAKING POWDER BISCUIT DOUGH
Sift together . . . 1 cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
Cut in with pastry-blender or two knives . . .
3 tbsp. shortening or butter
Stir in . . .
1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk (just enough to make a soft dough)
Round up on lightly floured cloth-covered board. Knead very lightly . . . just to smooth up. Roll or pat out 8 1/2″ in diameter. Bake 20 minutes in hot oven (425°). Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment