Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Friday, December 31, 2010

CHOCO-CARAMEL TOP HATS

CHOCO-CARAMEL TOP HATS

Makes about 5 dozen
1 package (14 ounces) caramels
1/4 cup cream for whipping
1 can (8 ounces) walnuts (2 cups)
6-8 ounces ghiradelli baking double chocolate
  1. Unwrap caramels and combine with cream in the top of a medium-size double boiler. Heat over simmering water about an hour; stir until creamy-smooth. Break walnuts coarsely and stir in.
  2. Drop by teaspoonfuls, 1 inch apart, on buttered cooky sheets. Let stand at least an hour, or until firm.
  3. While caramel mixture cools, wash top of double boiler, then heat semisweet chocolate over hot water until partly melted; remove from heat; stir until completely melted.
  4. Drop, 1/4 teaspoonful for each, onto top of caramels; spread slightly. Let stand until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment