Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Egg Nog Custard Pie


1 pie crust
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups egg nog
4 eggs
freshly grated nutmeg


Heat oven to 425 degrees Bake pie crust for 9 minutes of until golden.
Combine all ingredients and pour into the partially baked crust Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.You may need to cover your crusts to avoid over baking after 20 minutes. Cool completely  before storing in fridge. Use extra pastry and cut out Christmas Decor and brush lightly with butter, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Use the baked motifs to edge your pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment