Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Choco CocoNut Cake

Recipes For Choco-Mallow Cake & Toasted Coconut Frosting
CHOCO-MALLOW CAKE
16 marshmallows
3 squares unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup boiling water
2 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup LUCERNE Sour Cream
  1. Melt marshmallows and chocolate in double boiler.
  2. Add boiling water; beating until smooth; cool.
  3. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
  4. Beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating until thick.
  5. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and chocolate mixture, mix thoroughly.
  6. Blend in sour cream; add dry ingredients gradually, mixing thoroughly.
  7. Pour into 2 well greased and lightly floured layer pans.
  8. Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes. Makes 2 nine inch layers.
TOASTED-COCONUT FROSTING
2 tbs. LUCERNE Butter
1 cup coconut
1/3 cup LUCERNE Butter
6 oz. LUCERNE Cream Cheese
1 lb. confectioner’s sugar
1 tbs. LUCERNE Milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
  1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan.
  2. Add coconut and stir until golden brown, remove from heat.
  3. Cream 1/3 cup butter, add cheese and blend.
  4. Add small amount of sugar and milk, beating after each addition.
  5. Add vanilla and 3/4 cup coconut.
  6. Sprinkle remaining coconut on top of frosting. Covers 2 layers or 1 loaf cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment