Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mostaccioli Macaroni - Italy

Mostaccioli Macaroni - Italy
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb ground chuck or beef
1-3 large onions, chopped
2 green peppers, chopped
4-6 stalks celery, chopped
salt, pepper, Marjoram
8-oz box rigatoni or Mostaccioli
1 can tomato soup, undiluted
1 small tin tomatoe paste
1/2 small tin diced tomatoes with onions
2-oz jar chopped pimentos
6-oz can mushrooms
2 teaspoon chili powder or oregano
1/2 teaspoon celery salt (opt.)
1/2 lb Parmesan cheese (shredded) 1/2 pound romano cheese grated
Preparation:
1. Saute meat, onion, pepper and celery in skillet until meat is almost cooked; season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook macaroni as directed and drain.
3. Combine meat, vegetables, macaroni and remaining ingredients; season with chili powder or oregano and marjoram.
4. Bake in casserole at 325F for 45 minutes; top with Parmesan cheese and romana cheese  
I added a pic of the macaroni so you know what to look for =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment