Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Granny's Pumpkin Cake

This is a moist dense cake that Grannie made in Scotland Bakery
Beat well:
1 1/2 c sugar + 9 ounces of cooking oil
Add and beat very very well:  3 eggs
Add Dry:
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp ginger (you can add finely diced candied ginger as well)
*Edna you would like the candied ginger addition for the spicy =o)
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp mace (very important)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Lastly Add:
1  14 ounce can pure pumpkin
1 cup golden raisins

We use an 8" cake pan with 4 inch sides for this recipe. (I use Fat Daddios Pans) Bake @ 350 for 50- 55 minutes. This cake can be cut into multiple layers to make a torte or alternatively you can use it for sculpting. Extra cake can be mashed and stirred into cream cheese frosting with 1 cup cool whip to make a filling.

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds yummy Lyndsay. Thanks so for sharing. I'd like the candies ginger too =)

    ReplyDelete