Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mum's Hob Top Rice Puddin'

Can be stored in plastic container to take camping or picnic'ing

Mum's Hob Top Rice Pudding
1/2 c. regular rice
1 c. water with 1/2 tsp. sea salt
4 c. whole milk
1/2 cup butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. raisins sitting in 1/4 cup boiled water or brandy
2 tsp. cinnamon
On top of hob, Pour rice into boiling water and cover. Simmer or cook for 7-10 minutes until rice is slightly under done. Add milk, butter and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Stir. Bring to a boil. Cook for 1 hour on low flame. No need to stir. Beat eggs with a fork, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla. Add raisins. Pour into rice, stirring slowly until rice thickens. Pour into buttered pudding basin. Sprinkle with cinnamon on top. Enjoy warm or cold with or without whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment