Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

School Bread

School Bread - recipe  

 
Learned from a Norwegian friend of mine 

Ingredients
3 1 / 2 cup milk
1/2-1 pk Yeast (25-50gram)
100 g margarine
1 cup sugar
1 egg (optional)
1 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
550 g flour
A dollop of custard powder or finished custard
Kokosmasse Coir Mass
Preparation
Bake at 240 * C for approx. 15 minutes in the middle of the oven
Take a little of the flour to Crumble margarine into the flour
Heat the milk until it is finger-hot, approx. 37*C 37 * C
Crumble yeast into bowl and stir it with a bit of milk. Mix in remaining milk
Add the flour with margarine, sugar, cardamom and any eggs
Stir the dough until it is smooth and supple, and set it to raise approx. 1/2 time. 1 / 2 hours. (Let it rise well)
Remove the dough on the table and knead it smooth. Divide it into 10-16 equal subjects.  Roll out as wheat buns and put them to raise
  Make custard powder or ready to use vanilla cream
Make a depression in each bowl and add in a spoonful of cream
Bake the buns until they are light and have a light brown crust
Stir icing sugar with water until a smooth, thick glaze
Butter icing around the custard while the buns are lukewarm
Sprinkle shredded coconut over frosting

http://kapteinbiff.blogspot.com/2010/10/hekla-skolebolle.html  If you do not want to eat it perhaps you can crochet it.


No comments:

Post a Comment