Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Scones

Peanut Butter-Banana Scones
Adapted from Family Fun Magazine

3 c. unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp coarse salt
3/4 c. peanut butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. evaporated milk, plus more for brushing the tops
1 c. (about 2 ) chopped bananas
1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Preheat oven to 375.
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until thoroughly combined.
In a large bowl, beat together peanut butter, eggs, vanilla, and evaporated milk until evenly blended.


Add the flour mixture and stir just until combined.  Stir in the bananas and toasted pecans (or coconut)
Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it twice.  Pat it into a 1-inch thick disc.

Using a 2 and 1/2 inch cutter, cut into rounds. You can reuse the scraps (Makes about 12.)  Transfer to parchment lined baking sheet.

Brush the tops with evaporated milk.  Bake 20 minutes.  Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely. You can serve these on their sides in our size 70 baking cups at Sweet Cuppin Cakes Bakery

Serve with strawberry jam for a peanut butter and jam scone OR marshmallow creme (fluff) for a fluffer nutter scone. I learned all about Fluffer Nutter while I was in Connecticut oh so cute Phil and his brother Freddie even sang me the jingle. HAHA it was epic. Now I am forever a fan of theirs and Fluffer Nutters x

No comments:

Post a Comment