Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cruncher Bark That Whips up Quick


Yield: 16 servings, 1 "bar" (40 g) each


 INGREDIENTS   
       
• 1/2 cup butter

• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar

• 35 Premium Plus Crackers

• 1 pkg. (8 squares) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped

• 1 cup walnut pieces, toasted, finely chopped

READY, SET, CREATE
   
        Heat oven to 400°F.  Cook butter and sugar in saucepan on medium-high heat 5 min. or until butter is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally.  Bring to boil; cook 3 min. without stirring.  Meanwhile, arrange crackers in single layer in foil-lined 17x11-1/2x3/4-inch pan.

Spread sugar mixture onto crackers.

Bake 7 min.  Immediately sprinkle with chocolate. Let stand 5 min. or until chocolate is melted; spread to cover crackers.  Top with nuts; cool completely.  Break into pieces.

2 comments:

  1. friend made this years ago, but wouldn't tell how... HA ha ha Thanks sweetheart for sharing!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you are so funny! I shared because I just couldnt help myself! Love ya xox

    ReplyDelete