Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Fruit Cake Cocktail


Fruit Cake Cocktail
2 c flour
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
14 oz fruit cocktail
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c brown sugar
cake topping frosting
6 oz evaporated milk
1 cup white sugar
1 cup toasted coconut and nuts
1/2 cup butter
1tsp vanilla
Boil ingredients 2 minutes add toasted coconut
bake 325 glass 9 x 13 sprayed with cooking spray
Bake 45 - 50 minutes
 Alternate Cake Mix Recipe
  1. Yellow cake mix – 1 box
  2. Instant Lemon Pudding Mix – 1 box (4 serving size)
  3. 2 Tablespoons oil – vegetable, canola etc. - not olive.
  4. Flaked coconut – 1 cup
  5. Eggs – 4
  6. Fruit Cocktail with juice – 14oz size
  7. Brown sugar packed – 1/2 cup
  8. Chopped pecans – 1/2 cup
Ingredients for the Glaze:
  1. Butter or margarine – 1/2 cup
  2. White sugar – 1/2 cup
  3. Evaporated milk – 1/2 cup
  4. Coconut, flaked, medium toasted 1 cup
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325.  Put cake mix, pudding mix, coconut, cooking oil, eggs, fruit cocktail with juice into mixing bowl
  2. Beat about 3 minutes.  Pour into a bottom greased 9×13 inch pan
  3. Mix sugar and pecans together.  Sprinkle over top.  Bake in oven for about 45-50 minutes, until an inserted wooden toothpick comes out clean
Preparing the Glaze:
  1. Put butter, sugar and milk in a small sauce pan
  2. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes
  3. Stir in coconut
  4. Pour over hot cake

No comments:

Post a Comment