Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Vanilla Sugar Cookies

These wonderful cookies were decorated by my boys 19 and 11 at the time. They did not conform to the intended shape of the cutter of COURSE!!!

Vanilla sugar cookies:
Makes around 25-30 medium sized cookies.

100 grams sugar and
100 grams of confectioners sugar (powdered)
2 large eggs.
1 tbsp of vanilla and 4 drops almond or lemon extract
(450 grams) of all-purpose flour, sifted.
(200 grams) of unsalted butter, diced.
50 grams of flour for rolling.
First you:
In a bowl or in the kitchen mixer with paddle attachment, mix the two types of sugar, vanilla and the egg. Add the flour and the butter and keep mixing just until the dough comes together.
Then you:
Knead the dough lightly by hand on your flour dusted kitchen counter and wrap it well in cling film and put it in a plastic bag. Chill the dough for 2 hours.
Baking and rolling:
 
Depending on the size of cookie bake them from 15-20 mins. You want them to be light golden brown without being raw in the middle
Hint: Roll cookie dough using rolling guides from PME they are called "spacers" They are available through Amazon


Go have a fab cookie day and would love to see YOUR work HERE
Upload your photos in our album and win Contest open until Dec 10th 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment