Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Espresso Chip Brownies

Espresso Chip Brownies...have a great morning!


8 ounces of your favorite dark chocolate

1 cup of unsalted butter

5 whole eggs

3 cups white sugar

1 tablespoon Neilsen-Massey vanilla bean paste

1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour

1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

1 tablespoon instant espresso granules


-Don't blink because it is very easy and the outcome is dense and velvety. Perfect for the holidays. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13 by 9 baking dish.

-Place the butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high until the chocolate is fully melted, about 2 minutes but watch carefully. Stir until fully blended.

-In a standing mixer with the paddle blade; place the eggs, sugar and vanilla bean paste. Mix on high for about two minutes. Then on a very low speed or stir setting, slowly add in the butter and chocolate mixture. Next add in the flour and beat on medium only until combined and then stop! Overmixing is deadly to brownie texture!

-Remove the paddle blade and grab a spatula. Pour the chips and espresso into the batter and fold them in by pulling the bottom batter to the top gently. You only want them evenly through the batter, you don't want to 'mush'.

-Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for about 35 mins. I love this because it is the perfect amount of time to make dinner!


Additional ideas: I poured a bag of marshmallows on top of the brownies this year and they were AMAZING!!! I have also added in dried cranberries or cherries. Get creative and play with your food. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment