Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Melt and Mix Honey Cake

melt-and-mix honey cake inspired by Donna Hay
 1¾ cups (260g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
 2 tsp cinnamon
 ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
 ½ cup (125ml) honey
 155g butter, melted
 3 eggs, lightly beaten
 ¾ cup (180g) sour cream
Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the flour and sugar in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the butter, eggs, honey and sour cream until well combined. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon into a greased 25cm-fluted ring cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Serve drizzled with honey and thick cream on the side. Serves 8–10.

No comments:

Post a Comment