Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Strawberry Buttercream Filling for Chocolate Dream Cake

Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Ingredients

     3 cups butter, room temperature
      1 cup butter flavoured crisco or regular
      2 – 32 oz. bags 10X sugar (powdered sugar)
      1/2 - 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
      1 over-flowing Tablespoon vanilla bean paste
      Dash Sea Salt
      24 oz jar of Strawberry Preserves low sugar

Instructions

 Beat for 8 minutes:
 3 cups butter, room temperature
   1 cup Crisco

 Add (slowly):
2 – 32 oz. bags 10X sugar (powdered sugar)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 over-flowing Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
 Dash sea salt
Beat for 8 minutes and slowly add the rest of the heavy whipping cream, On the highest speed, beat out for another 5- 8 minutes
Out of this icing, take what you think will be enough for your cake filling and put it into a separate bowl.
With a large spoon, add: 1/2 of a 24 oz. jar of Strawberry Preserves by folding into the butter cream and place between the layers of your cake.
Use the rest of the butter cream to crumb coat your cake.
Note: This makes a LOT! You can refrigerate and add preserves as you need to leftovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment