Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Monday, September 12, 2011

White Chocolate Raisin Cookies to Celebrate the Autumn

White Chocolate-Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies

Adapted from Tale of Two Sisters and Their Kitchens
Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen

Ingredients

  • 1  cup + 2TBSP  all-purpose flour
  • 1/2  teaspoon  baking soda
  • 1/2  teaspoon  ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon mace
  • 1/4  teaspoon  salt
  • 1/2  cup  plus 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/4  cup  granulated sugar
  • 3/4  cup  firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1  large egg
  • 1  teaspoon Nielsen Massey Orange water
  • 1  cup  uncooked old fashioned
  • 12  ounces white chocolate, chopped, divided (about 21/2 cups)
  • 1/2  cup golden raisins I like to use the Sunmaid jumbo assorted variety of raisins)

Preparation

Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Beat in egg and orange flavoring until light and fluffy.  Add flour mixture and oats; stir until blended. Stir in 1 cup white chocolate and raisins. Cover and chill dough 1 hour, if desired.
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls, 3" apart, onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake at 350° for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
After cookies have completely cooled, melt remaining 1 cup white chocolate. Spread melted chocolate over approximately half of each cookie.
Note: Order orange water from my shop acupcakery.com It's very affordable, and a small vial will perfume your kitchen for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment