Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Aprons and a whole lot of Admiration


Aprons are the absolute greatest!
We see our Grannies wear them, our sweet Auntie's in a fancy little Christmas apron and most importantly our Mum's collection of every occaision possible, with little leftover bits in the pockets if you cared to look months later.  The best part is we could play dress up in them and play for hours and even sometimes get our brother and boy cousins to wrap one on! My fave was this time my cousin Craig put on an apron of my Gran's and in moments he transpired into the worlds best barber and my locks hit the floor! I wonder if he found scissors in the pocket or if he just felt like a fancy barber. I miss him. Onwards ~

Recently I started looking for aprons from my memories as I had a collection that burned down with my cottage this summer. Yeah the whole cottage to the ground, everything lost. So I find this awesome venue to collect and diarise everything. Here is a peak at the pages I have curated;




Then I decided to check out amazon for Apron books, holy smokes! I started with this one Apronisms you can purchase it by clicking that link only $5.99 It is adorable.



Then I went on a fabric hunt ... I am going to make my own .... here is what I found. You are going to go crazy, so hang up your apron, grab a tea and enjoy.

Want more haha
And finally I must let you know that over at my little web store I have some great linens we are putting up and preparing to sell, so you can start your collection at fantastic prices!
My fave is our Picadilly!
Have fun my friends! Always wear an apron for your personal pleasure, you will be amazed how good you feel not to mention, C U U U T E !

No comments:

Post a Comment