Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Appl'ie Goodness Pork Chops

Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing

What You Need

1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 can  (21 oz.) apple pie filling
2 granny smith apples cored, peeled, and sliced then warmed to crisp/soft Add to pie filling to cut sweetness. 
1/2 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon 
6 boneless pork chops (1-1/2 lb.), 3/4 inch thick
Walla Walla onions or Vidalia onions cooked into your fresh apple wedges brings in another layer of delicious flavour. 

Make It

HEAT oven to 375ºF.
PREPARE stuffing as directed on package.
SPREAD pie filling onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with chops and stuffing. Cover.
BAKE 40 min. or until chops are done (160ºF), uncovering after 30 min. 
I have found that adding the fresh apples bake up fine without pre softening them ahead of time. (I rather slice them a bit thicker so pre heat them) 

No comments:

Post a Comment