Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sugar Cookies by the Busy Baker Bunny and my daughter Jen aka "Cookie Face"

 We ordered these cookie cutters and can hardly wait to make them, I think they are perfect for weddings what do you think?

Sugar Cookies by the Busy Baker Bunny and my daughter Jen aka "Cookie Face"

Ingredients:
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (190 degrees C). Sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder on parchment paper. Set aside.
  2. In mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto parchment paper covered cookie sheets. OR divide dough in half and flatten into 2 disks easy for quick chilling and rolling.
  3. Roll dough out to 1/4 inch think no thinner or the cookie edges will burn and you will be sad =o(  The high heat allows the cookie to "puff" and the crumb is very tender and flaky and that is a good thing.
  4. Bake 5 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
  5. Decorate using your favourite technique or just use sprinkles on balls rolled before baking.
  6. Be certain to have all your frosting tubes, tips, colours ready before you start to decorate or it just won't be fun =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment