Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Brownie Pie



Bakers Chocolate put out quite a few recipe leaflets over the years and one I particularly enjoy is  Love Brownies. Mostly because it is full of new beginnings taken from old twists of baking. So a brownie pie can of course lent itself to a LOT of pretty fabtastical tasting treaties for your sweeties! I think of my friend City Down when I say treaties. She runs the Craft Bomb way down under in New Zealand but you can find her on Etsy too. So back to brownies and pie!







So according to Bakers you start with a basic brownie recipe and theirs is very good but I use canola oil in the place of the melted butter.You can click on each image to see a much larger version. ( I knew you would like that )








Then several add in and mix ins are suggested. Things like dates and raisin and cherries and coconut and chocolate chips. I am quite fond of dates but was on the fence when combined with chocolate but the brownies were sure moist just very sweet.








Then finally Bakers discusses the art of filling brownies. Lots of ideas in there for that too. Over the course of the last six months I have seen brownie pops inspired by Bakerella's cake pops that are literally popping up all over the nation. Really food on a stick is pretty awesome. I still remember talking to her online when she got her first new camera and was blogging camera hints Pretty awesome.

SO here goes, do you have a pet brownie project, something you are dying to share? If you do leave us a comment and send us your idea, If we love it we will contact you with the rest of our master plan! Love to hear from everyone Uploads of your brownies are permitted always to Our Baking Scene. Please use "Love Brownies" in your subject line so we know you want to be contacted. Have a great Brownie event in your life soon cos we want to know all about it. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment