Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Best Ever Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies or Pecan Maple You decide

 Ingredients

2/3 2/3cup cup(150 mL) (150 mL) butter, softened
1cup cup(250 mL) (250 mL) packed brown sugar
1eggeggs
2tsp tsp(10 mL) (10 mL) vanilla
1-1/2 1-1/2cups cups(375 mL) (375 mL) large-flake rolled oats
1cup cup(250 mL) (250 mL) all-purpose flour
1/2 1/2tsp tsp(2 mL) (2 mL) baking powder
1/2 1/2tsp tsp(2 mL) (2 mL) baking soda
1/4 1/4tsp tsp(1 mL) (1 mL) salt
1-1/2 1-1/2cups cups(375 mL) (375 mL) chocolate chips
    * you can substitute vanilla for 1 tsp maple flavouring and switch choc chips for chopped pecans for a real Canadian Cookie.

Preparation:

Line rimless baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In separate bowl, whisk together rolled oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt - stir into butter mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by heaping 1 tbsp (15 mL), about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto prepared pans. Bake in top and bottom thirds of 375°F (190°C) oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until golden, about 12 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment