Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter Gumdrop Cake

Gumdrop Cake

3 c. sifted flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. shortening
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 c. sweetened applesauce
2 c. golden seedless raisins or sun maid baking raisins
1 lb. lg. gumdrops (assorted, but no black) cut into pieces with scissors

Sift flour, soda, salt and cinnamon together 3 times. Cream shortening with sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and beat thoroughly. Add 1 cup dry ingredients and blend, add applesauce, raisins and remaining dry ingredients; mix thoroughly. Mix in gumdrops and turn into tube pan lined with greased paper. Bake in slow oven (300 degrees) for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Makes 1 (9 inch) cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment