Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Chocolate Biscuit Cake

Chocolate Biscuit Cake

 

Ingredients:

  • 100g Butter
  • 400g Milk chocolate OR
  • 400g White Chocolate
  • 1 can of condensed milk
  • 250g McVitie chocolate rich biscuits

Method:

  1. Melt your butter and preferred type of chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of near boiling water. Turn on the hob and melt it slowly because if it melts too quickly it will curdle and you will have to start again!
  2. While the two ingredients are melting break up the biscuits either by hand OR with a rolling pin in a bag, put the broken biscuits in a bowl and leave to the side.
  3. Open the can of condensed milk.
  4. Remove the melted chocolate and butter from the hob when there are no lumps left in the mixture and the ingredients are a shiny, rich, brown/cream colour.
  5. Gradually add the condensed milk to the chocolate mixture.
    The ingredients will look as if you have done something wrong as they will combine and then separate. DON’T WORRY, this is normal. KEEP adding the condensed milk until there is none remaining in the can. Eventually the mixture will get thicker and smoother than before
  6. Gradually add the biscuits to the mixture, as much or as little as you want.
  7. Line a squared baking tray with tinfoil. Add the chocolate biscuit mixture.
  8. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
  9. Cut up into squares of 16 or 20 and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment