Welcome

Glad to see you stop by! This is a collection of recipes I have developed, received from friends or was inspired by and altered somehow. While I try to post all food photos I just cannot help but share some of my Vintage clippings with you from my Gran's recipe drawer, my great Gran's tin and of course my Mum's treasure trove of her Gran's lovely publications all kept so prim, not to mention the cache my Mum also had and even mine too! They are all regularly used recipes, loved by my family, friends, and now you my treasured readers Enjoy!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Busy Day Cake

Busy Day cake from April my friend and her Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book

When April posted this it reminded me that my Mum used to make us this when we were small I now understand why!
Thanks Mummie


Busy-Day Cake
1/3 Cup Shortening (this must be what Crisco is for)
1 3/4 Cup sifted Cake Flour
3/4 C Sugar
2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Egg
3/4 Cup Milk
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla

Oven 375F
Place shortening in mixing bowl. Sift in dry ingredients. Add egg and half of the milk; mix till flour is moistened.
Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer. Add remaining milk and vanilla; beat 2 minutes more. Bake in greased and lightly floured 9X9X2-inch pan at 375 F about 25 minutes or till done.

1 comment: